October is Pastor Appreciation month. Here are simple ways you can honor your pastor(s) in October or anytime. This is a great list to have in the front of your Bible to view and select as you make action plans every day or week of the year. You can add additional items at the bottom. You will become a greater leader as you strengthen bless your pastor.
Develop an Attitude of Love, Understanding, and Spiritual Support
- Pray for him and his family daily. Remember, and do not underestimate the power of prayer
- Recognize that the pastor and his family, as with volunteer elected church leaders, are human and often congregation members and sometimes they themselves have unreasonable expectations.
- Write a note with encouraging feedback from his sermon and/or ministry
- Be a good spiritual cheer leader by being a positive support of the pastor rather than a negative critic with the members of the congregation
- Each pastor has specific gifts, discover those and champion them with others
- Be a friend and a supporter by exercising a regular practice of saying good things to others about him behind his back.
- Specifically share how God has used him to challenge, enrich, and encourage your walk with Jesus
- Practice good leadership by being slow to not judge and quick to forgive your pastor
- Ask your pastor how you can specifically pray for him and his family
You can attend our equipping center or you can go on-line live or you can choose on-line at your schedule. Get started today!
Posted on Sun, October 9, 2016
by Dr. Dan Morris